The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) applies to all employers and is enforced by the U.S. Department of Labor and the Veterans Employment and Training Service. USERRA prohibits employers from denying any benefit of employment on the basis of an individual's membership, application for membership, performance of service, application for service, or obligation for service in the uniformed services. The law also prohibits a hostile work environment based on an individual’s military status.Read More...
Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
From: HRLaws | 01/07/2013
In the Blogs
- Implementing an e-mail retention policy
- HR tips for drafting and cultivating your own ‘Tom Brady’ or ‘Aaron Rodgers’
- Simplify Compliance executives share their leadership resolutions for 2017
- Handling challenges to diversity in era of divisiveness
- Are your decisions made for the reasons you think?