Of all the federal laws governing the workplace, COBRA (the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985) is at the top of the list in terms of complexity and confusion. COBRA is basically a safety net for employees and their families to keep their health insurance, at their own expense, when they’re between jobs or other life major events happen – like getting separated or divorced.Read More...
Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA)
From: HRLaws | 04/01/2015
In the Blogs
- Top 10 tips for a successful telecommuting program (Part 2: tips 6-10)
- The return of the quarterback evangelist
- Fake job references—what’s the world coming to?!
- Top 10 tips for a successful telecommuting program (Part 1: tips 1-5)
- Women at work: Exploring pay equity, making work and life mesh, and HR’s role