Under the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSH Act), companies are required to provide a safe workplace for their employees. Employees who are concerned about an unsafe condition may file a complaint with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), which will conduct an investigation and fine a company for any violations it finds.Read More...
From: HRLaws | 09/03/2008
In the Blogs
- Federal appeals courts issue conflicting decisions on ACA subsidies
- Technology advances require another look at telecommuting as reasonable accommodation
- Illinois governor signs law prohibiting criminal history inquiries on job applications
- Obama order bars contractors from LGBT employment discrimination
- Military spouses and their employment challenges: What employers can do