Ball State University's Center for Business and Economic Research (CBER) has made new use of the old proverb "Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise." CBER researchers created the healthy, wealthy, wise index for the Indiana Chamber of Commerce, Indiana Chamber Foundation, and Wellness Council of Indiana in connection with the chamber's Indiana Vision 2025 Plan. The plan includes economic development strategies and leadership objectives to improve the quality of life in the state. It focuses on four specific factors that create a better place to work, live, and raise a family: (1) outstanding talent, (2) attractive business climate, (3) superior infrastructure, and (4) dynamic and creative culture. Improving community wellness contributes to achieving goals outlined in the Indiana Vision 2025 Plan.Read More...
Edited by: Brian R. Garrison, John T. Neighbours, Sarah E. Caldwell Breslin, Toni M. Everton, Amy M. Fox, Rozlyn M. Fulgoni-Britton, Angela N. Johnson, Ryann Ricchio, Tareen Zafrullah, Sarah V. Bowers, Jenie Van Hampton, Amanda L. Shelby, Ryan J. Funk of Faegre Baker Daniels LLP.
CBER creates 'healthy, wealthy, wise' index for Indiana communities
by Samantha Chapman
In the Blogs
- Geographic diversity: Dealing with rural-urban differences in the workplace
- The wild kingdom: sexual harassment at the NPS
- May we terminate an employee who does not fit in?
- EEOC issues new guidelines on national origin discrimination
- Retaliation claim of police officer suspended for Facebook posts sent to trial