Editor: Robert P. Tinnin, Jr.
Déjà vu all over again for HR managers in Obama second term
From: New Mexico Employment Law Letter | 01/01/2013
As Barack Obama's second administration commences, look for a continuation of strategies and incremental changes from his first term. The balance of power in the federal government remains the same, limiting the administration's ability to push through major changes. With the Senate remaining in Democratic hands and the House solidly Republican, continuing gridlock is a distinct possibility. Consequently, the administration is likely to continue to press its agenda through administrative rulemaking and enforcement. Read More...
In the Blogs
- Avoiding the “own goal” at work: 3 lessons from Women’s World Cup
- DOL’s proposed rules to swell ranks of overtime-eligible employees
- Wyoming employers need to be ready for strengthened data breach law
- 5 questions to help gauge your midyear progress
- Kinder, gentler Terminator: how to say ‘Hasta la vista’ to employees without getting sued