On December 22, 2016, the California Supreme Court held that state law prohibits on-duty and on-call rest periods and affirmed a judgment of approximately $90 million in statutory damages, interest, and penalties against an employer for failing to provide rest periods. This case highlights the significant potential liability you may face for not providing rest periods in accordance with California law.
News & Analysis
In the Blogs
- HR tips for drafting and cultivating your own ‘Tom Brady’ or ‘Aaron Rodgers’
- Simplify Compliance executives share their leadership resolutions for 2017
- Handling challenges to diversity in era of divisiveness
- Are your decisions made for the reasons you think?
- Walking the workplace proselytizing tightrope