The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) is a federal law that imposes portability, nondiscrimination, and other requirements on certain employer-sponsored health plans. There are also regulations covering how employers must protect employees’ medical privacy rights as well as the electronic disclosure of employees’ medical information.Read More...
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
From: HRLaws | 10/24/2013
In the Blogs
- Fast-food protesters plan escalation, civil disobedience
- Policy is essential to create right to access employee e-mails on company system
- Are the media and politicians perpetuating a tragedy to serve their own needs?
- Dinging distracted drivers
- Drug-free healthcare facility law takes effect in New Hampshire