Identity theft is a really hot topic not only in Congress but also in state legislatures across the country. In December 2003, Congress passed the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACT Act), which, among other things, requires employers to protect consumer information that is being discarded or disposed of. Many states also have enacted laws specifying how businesses must properly dispose of consumer information and may include requirements and penalties not in the FACT Act.Read More...
Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACT Act)
From: HRLaws | 01/03/2013
In the Blogs
- Implementing an e-mail retention policy
- HR tips for drafting and cultivating your own ‘Tom Brady’ or ‘Aaron Rodgers’
- Simplify Compliance executives share their leadership resolutions for 2017
- Handling challenges to diversity in era of divisiveness
- Are your decisions made for the reasons you think?