To a great extent, you may have to swallow the cost of rising health care benefits. But one alternative that many employers are taking advantage of is the cafeteria plan. These plans can reduce your costs and give employees more choice and flexibility of benefits. Unlike traditional one-size-fits-all benefits – which offer employees a choice only between accepting or rejecting an employer’s benefits package – cafeteria plans offer employees an array of tax-free “qualified benefits" from which to choose and a “benefit allowance” with which to purchase them.Read More...
From: HRLaws | 04/01/2015
In the Blogs
- DOL’s proposed rules to swell ranks of overtime-eligible employees
- Wyoming employers need to be ready for strengthened data breach law
- 5 questions to help gauge your midyear progress
- Kinder, gentler Terminator: how to say ‘Hasta la vista’ to employees without getting sued
- Exposure to sexual banter on CEO’s private Gmail not severe or pervasive