To a great extent, you may have to swallow the cost of rising health care benefits. But one alternative that many employers are taking advantage of is the cafeteria plan. These plans can reduce your costs and give employees more choice and flexibility of benefits. Unlike traditional one-size-fits-all benefits – which offer employees a choice only between accepting or rejecting an employer’s benefits package – cafeteria plans offer employees an array of tax-free “qualified benefits" from which to choose and a “benefit allowance” with which to purchase them.Read More...
From: HRLaws | 10/19/2015
In the Blogs
- DOL’s new overtime rule comes with unintended consequences
- No bluff: Wright demands equal pay on House of Cards
- Legal ‘wrist watch’: Plan for challenges created by wearable devices
- ABC, Kelly Ripa, Michael Strahan, and lessons on parting ways with key employees
- Getting over the hump: Why BLR was lucky enough to survive