As with other protected worker classifications, age can form the basis of a harassment claim. The Supreme Court has not yet ruled whether an employee can sue for age harassment under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA). However, federal appellate and trial courts have found that a claim for age harassment does exist. What that means for employers is that, regardless of what state you do business in, you should adopt a strong policy against harassment on the basis of age, and provide training to employees on preventing age harassment in the workplace.Read More...
From: HRLaws | 06/25/2015
In the Blogs
- HR tips for drafting and cultivating your own ‘Tom Brady’ or ‘Aaron Rodgers’
- Simplify Compliance executives share their leadership resolutions for 2017
- Handling challenges to diversity in era of divisiveness
- Are your decisions made for the reasons you think?
- Walking the workplace proselytizing tightrope