As with other protected worker classifications, age can form the basis of a harassment claim. The Supreme Court has not yet ruled whether an employee can sue for age harassment under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA). However, federal appellate and trial courts have found that a claim for age harassment does exist. What that means for employers is that, regardless of what state you do business in, you should adopt a strong policy against harassment on the basis of age, and provide training to employees on preventing age harassment in the workplace.Read More...
From: HRLaws | 06/25/2015
In the Blogs
- Geographic diversity: Dealing with rural-urban differences in the workplace
- The wild kingdom: sexual harassment at the NPS
- May we terminate an employee who does not fit in?
- EEOC issues new guidelines on national origin discrimination
- Retaliation claim of police officer suspended for Facebook posts sent to trial