As with other protected worker classifications, age can form the basis of a harassment claim. The Supreme Court has not yet ruled whether an employee can sue for age harassment under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA). However, federal appellate and trial courts have found that a claim for age harassment does exist. What that means for employers is that, regardless of what state you do business in, you should adopt a strong policy against harassment on the basis of age, and provide training to employees on preventing age harassment in the workplace.Read More...
From: HRLaws | 06/25/2015
In the Blogs
- DOL’s new overtime rule comes with unintended consequences
- No bluff: Wright demands equal pay on House of Cards
- Legal ‘wrist watch’: Plan for challenges created by wearable devices
- ABC, Kelly Ripa, Michael Strahan, and lessons on parting ways with key employees
- Getting over the hump: Why BLR was lucky enough to survive