As with other protected worker classifications, age can form the basis of a harassment claim. The Supreme Court has not yet ruled whether an employee can sue for age harassment under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA). However, federal appellate and trial courts have found that a claim for age harassment does exist. What that means for employers is that, regardless of what state you do business in, you should act as though age harassment is a protected classification and admonish your employees not to engage in such behavior.Read More...
From: HRLaws | 01/07/2013
In the Blogs
- Top 10 tips for a successful telecommuting program (Part 2: tips 6-10)
- The return of the quarterback evangelist
- Fake job references—what’s the world coming to?!
- Top 10 tips for a successful telecommuting program (Part 1: tips 1-5)
- Women at work: Exploring pay equity, making work and life mesh, and HR’s role