The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) prohibits discrimination against workers 40 years old and older because of their age. Many states also have laws prohibiting age discrimination in the workplace. The Older Workers Benefit Protection Act of 1990 amended the ADEA to specifically prohibit employers from discriminating against older workers by denying them benefits.Read More...
From: HRLaws | 06/22/2015
In the Blogs
- DOL’s new overtime rule comes with unintended consequences
- No bluff: Wright demands equal pay on House of Cards
- Legal ‘wrist watch’: Plan for challenges created by wearable devices
- ABC, Kelly Ripa, Michael Strahan, and lessons on parting ways with key employees
- Getting over the hump: Why BLR was lucky enough to survive