The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) prohibits discrimination against workers 40 years old and older because of their age. Many states also have laws prohibiting age discrimination in the workplace. The Older Workers Benefit Protection Act of 1990 amended the ADEA to specifically prohibit employers from discriminating against older workers by denying them benefits.Read More...
From: HRLaws | 06/22/2015
In the Blogs
- Implementing an e-mail retention policy
- HR tips for drafting and cultivating your own ‘Tom Brady’ or ‘Aaron Rodgers’
- Simplify Compliance executives share their leadership resolutions for 2017
- Handling challenges to diversity in era of divisiveness
- Are your decisions made for the reasons you think?