The U.S. government first required affirmative action in 1965 as a way to remedy past discrimination against minorities, women, disabled individuals and covered veterans. Affirmative action means that a company must take steps to increase the recruitment, hiring, promotion and retention of protected groups in its workforce.Read More...
From: HRLaws | 12/04/2014
In the Blogs
- Can I track my employees? Do’s and don’ts of employee monitoring
- DOL’s new overtime rule comes with unintended consequences
- No bluff: Wright demands equal pay on House of Cards
- Legal ‘wrist watch’: Plan for challenges created by wearable devices
- ABC, Kelly Ripa, Michael Strahan, and lessons on parting ways with key employees